Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Post the Second

Wherein your Host Discusses Math Camp

My math background is weak and so I find the prospect of Math Camp quite frightening.

A quick story from high school will let you know just how poor my math skillz are: once during a trig test, the teacher allowed us students "one page of notes." Rather than study, the 16-year-old-version-of-your-Host, who has always been creative in a pinch and terminally lazy, secured a giant piece of graph paper about 3' x 5' and transcribed the entire text book chapter upon it. When the test was about to start, I produced said 3' x 5' "one page of notes" to much mirth and amusement. The teacher rolled her eyes and said: "it won't help you anyway." It didn't.

The moral of the story is that future tests specified 'one 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper' and I didn't learn or care to learn much math as a young fellow. If only the 30 year-old me would have appeared to the 16 year-old me and ordered myself to study. I wonder what the Math Camp Instructors will do if I use 3' x 5' note paper in class?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?