Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Post the Third

Wherein your Host Discusses His Occupation

Ye might ask: if our Host is not very good with numbers, then why is he be going to Math Camp?

The background story goes that, after graduating from Cal, like all good political science majors, your Host wanted to be a lawyer. Unfortunately I was poor and I graduated in the fall semester (3.5 years in college) so I had to get a job. Attempting to kill two birds with one stone, I worked as a paralegal in a lawfirm.

And I hated it.

I hated it so much that I quit within six months. Working in a law firm taught me one thing: I didn't want to be a lawyer. Learning this one thing, however, deprived me of the only reason I went to college (to be a lawyer). So I banged around for a bit (5 years) doing different jobs and eventually I decided that the NEW one-thing-I-really-wanted-to-do was school. I applied to graduate programs in political science (ending up at WW-DOP) and decided that I really liked the SCIENCE part.

That means I need to study more math. That means I need to go to Math Camp. That means I'm nervous.

Now you get it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?